Saturday 5 March 2011

Extracts from the Book: Twilight

Chapter 1: First Sight
'My Mother drove me to the Airport with the windows rolled down. It was seventy-five degrees on Phoenix, the sky a perfect, cloudless blue.I was wearing my favorite shirt- sleeve-less, white eyelet lace; I was wearing it as a farwell gesture. My carry-on item was a parka.'

Chapter 2: Open Book
'The next dat was better...and worse.It was better because it wasn't raining yet, though the clouds were dense and opaque. It was easier because I knew what to expect of my day. Mike came to sit by me in English, and walked me to my next class, with Chess Club Eric glaring at him all the while; that was flattering.People didn't look at me quite as much as they had yesterday.'

Chapter 3: Phenomenon
'When I opened my eyes in the morning, something was different. It was the light . It was still gray-green light of a cloudy day in the forest, but it was clearer somehow. I realized there was no fog veiling my window.'

Chapter 4: Invitations
' In my dream it was very dark, and what dim light there was seemed to be radiating from Edward's skin. I couln't see his face, just his back as he walked away from me, leaving me in the blackness. No matter how fast I ran, I couldn't catch up with him: no matter how loud i called, he never turned. Troubled, I woke in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep again for what seemed like a very long time.'

Chapter 5: Blood type
'I made my way to English in a daze. I didn't even realize when i first walked in that class had already started.
"Thank you for joining us Miss Swan," Mr.Mason said in a dispataging tone.'

No comments:

Post a Comment